We are seeking passionate, curious, and innovative interns to contribute to our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Here at Sangamo, we are dedicated to providing an innovative space where students can engage in meaningful work and collaborate with professionals in the biotech industry through our internship program. Sangamo’s internship program gives students the opportunity to flourish, grow and develop their expertise while giving students the chance to work on the latest technologies in genomic medicine.
Sangamo Therapeutics is focused on four distinct but complementary technology platforms in the development of genomic medicines – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation.
Along with our commitment to science, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity as well as one that inspires and empowers everyone who works here to learn and expand their opportunities as they contribute to our mission to collectively transform patients’ lives.
What Will You Get Out of This Internship?
- Gain real-world experience in a biotech company setting that is aligned with your educational pursuits.
- Opportunity to obtain valuable, applied experience and to make connections in professional fields you are considering for career paths.
- Opportunity to gain specific field-related exposure while honing your skills and applying your academic knowledge.
- Discover if a particular career path or field of study in the biotech industry is right for you.
- Engage in company and team wide social events in a fun and collaborative company culture.
- Receive compensation through this paid internship.
- Consideration for future full-time positions or contract roles.
What to Expect During the Internship Period
- Intern Orientation
- Program Tour
- Mix & Mingle: Get to know your fellow interns, hiring manager, leadership team, and HR team at an open-house style event.
- Team Building Events: Participate in casual agenda-free field trips.
- Final Presentation: Showcase your project highlights.
- Feedback and Evaluations: Discuss overall performance, accomplishments, and potential opportunities for full-time employment.
- Job Preparation: An opportunity to partner with our HR team to review your resume and LinkedIn profile. A chance to participate in a mock interview and obtain network contacts.
Scope of Timeline
- December: Applications open
- Mid- February: Application close (may still consider application if we have openings left)
- February through March: Offers made
- June through August: Internship period
What are the Program Requirements?
- Must be 18 years of age prior to scheduled start date.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to commit to the full 10-12 weeks’ time frame between June and August.
- Interns will be expected to work 40 hours a week.
- We accept applications from students at all degree levels: BS, MS, and PhD.
- Candidates are eligible to apply to the internship within one year of their last degree attained.
- We do not have a GPA requirement.
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of accredited university or community college course work to be considered for an internship.
- We currently do not offer visa sponsorship to interns.